Vancouver Community Library
– Vancouver, Washington –
Vancouver Community Library is a new 5-story Library with Penthouses and Basement located in downtown Vancouver, Washington. LEED Gold Status.
Unique requirements and challenges:
- Architectural aesthetics were crucial for this project.
- This project required a great deal of coordination with other trades utilizing BIM.
- Sleeves were pre-fabricated in our shop and installed on each floor of the post-tension slab before the concrete was poured.
- We had someone on site to ensure the sleeves maintained their locations during the pour.
- The piping was installed in the subfloor and piped down through the sleeves in the floor to pendent sprinklers at the ceiling of the floor below.
- Locations were critical for the sprinkler head to line up with each other.
- We also had to be very careful about any cracking of the concrete ceilings which were exposed.
- Same hangers had to be pre-set in the PT slab to avoid the cables in the floors.